Defensive Pistol Class II (8 HRS)
Prerequisite: Defensive Pistol I or equivalent training
This continuation of our Defensive Pistol series includes additional drills, 25-yard qualification course of fire, and live fire malfunction clearance drills. We will begin with a review of the topics and fundamentals of marksmanship from Defensive Pistol I and move into more advanced drills. You will continue to improve your pistol handling skills while reinforcing the fundamentals of marksmanship. Timed drills will help you learn the balance between speed and accuracy.
Stone Quarry Range
E.V. Baker's Store
4066 Zachary Taylor Highway
Culpeper, VA 22701
Link-up occurs and convoy departs 20 minutes prior to class start.
- Shooting positions
- Multiple targets
- Non standard response
- Turning and shooting
- Timed drills & standards
- Malfunction drills
- Target acquisition & discrimination
- One-handed shooting (strong and support side)
- Speed reloads/magazine changes
- Serviceable semi-automatic pistol (9mm or larger caliber) and at least three magazines
- Quality belt with strong side holster and at least 1 magazine pouch
- Be able to retain 2 magazines on your body
- 450 rounds of dependable ammunition (minimum). No steel core, no armor piercing, no tracer.
- Knee pads (optional, but recommended)
- Water for hydration
- Eye protection, hearing protection (electronic recommended) and baseball cap
- Lunch not included. Please bring your own.
- It's highly recommended to bring a chair.
- This is an outdoor range, so the only restrooms are Port-A-Johns.