Defensive Carbine I Clinic (4.5 HRS)
This clinic covers the basic defensive use of the carbine (AR Platform 5.56/.223). It will begin with the fundamentals of marksmanship and move into more advanced drills. Students will improve their carbine handling skills with a strong emphasis on the fundamentals. Students will learn self-diagnostic skills to continue development of their own personal performance.
** YOUR CARBINE MUST BE ZEROED PRIOR TO THIS CLINIC**
If you need assistance zeroing your carbine for this clinic, please contact us. We can also make arrangements to help you zero your carbine prior to the start of the clinic.
11250 Waples Mill Rd
Fairfax, VA 22030
All first-time users of the NRA range will be asked to complete a written range safety test prior to shooting. There is a one-time $10 processing fee for the range test. Show up at least 30 minutes early if you need to take the safety test. For additional information please visit: http://nrahqrange.Nra.Org/
- Equipment setup
- Zeroing & Mechanical off-set
- Professional Carbine handling
- Shooting and ready Positions
- Tactical & Emergency reloads
- Mechanics of the shooter
- Personal performance and fundamentals review
- Rifle and 3 magazines
- Be able to retain 2 magazines on your body
- 300 rounds of 5.56/223 ammo (minimum). No Steel Core, No Armor Piercing, No Tracer Rounds
- Eye and ear protection
- Knee pads (optional, but recommended)
Indoor restrooms available.