Practical Pistol/Competition Skills Clinic (4.5 HRS)
Perquisites: Previous pistol course (min 2 day) or USPSA “C” Classification/IDPA Marksman or higher
This course is designed to increase handgun skills for self-defense or competitive shooting. We will stress speed and accuracy while covering handgun manipulation skills that will enable the shooter to more effectively use their pistol. The focus will be on the improvement of handgun shooting skills such as speed shooting, accuracy, the draw, reloads, barricade drills, shooting while moving, etc. Students will learn self-diagnostics to continue development of their own personal performance, how to practice and tracking one’s own skill level. The target audience of the course is the experienced law enforcement/military operator or USPSA/IDPA competitor who is looking to improve their speed, marksmanship and gun handling skills. We will use time-tested and proven drills to increase your skills. This is a great opportunity to become more proficient with your defensive pistol skills required to advance in competition and self-defense.
11250 Waples Mill Rd
Fairfax, VA 22030
All first-time users of the NRA range will be asked to complete a written range safety test prior to shooting. There is a one-time $10 processing fee for the range test. Show up at least 30 minutes early if you need to take the safety test. For additional information please visit: http://nrahqrange.Nra.Org/
- Fundamentals of Marksmanship review
- Shooting while moving
- Tactical & Emergency reloads
- One handed shooting
- Driving the pistol/target transitions
- Serviceable semi-automatic pistol (9mm or larger caliber)
- 3-5 magazines of 10 round capacity (minimum).
- Quality belt with strong-side or appendix Concealment holster & Magazine pouch
- Serpa holsters or similar holsters that use the trigger finger to deactivate a retention device are NOT allowed
- Be able to retain 2 magazines on your body
- 400 rounds of dependable ammunition (minimum). No steel core, no armor piercing, no tracer.
- Knee pads (optional)
- Eye protection, hearing protection (electronic recommended) and baseball cap.
Indoor restrooms available.