Advanced Covert Carry Skills Course (2 DAYS)
Prerequisite: Previous pistol course (min 2 day) or USPSA “C” Classification/IDPA Marksman or higher.
This is fast paced course and will test your limits!
Initially designed for U.S. Government and Special Operations personnel for their Low Profile shooting requirements. All shooting will start from concealment, giving you the opportunity to quickly learn the necessary skills needed for conceal carry. Focus will be on shooting techniques that will allow you to rapidly eliminate threats with a concealed pistol. There will be a strong emphasis on shooting from concealed carry, flashlight techniques, moving, one handed shooting, seated shooting, vehicles, reloading under stress, immediate action drills and scenario drills. We will stress speed and accuracy while covering handgun manipulation skills that will enable the shooter to more effectively use their pistol. Students will learn self-diagnostics to continue development of their own personal performance, how to practice and tracking one’s own skill level.
TBD (near Martinsburg, WV)
Saturday October 06 and Sunday October 07, 2018
From 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM (each day)
Plus additional Range Fees ($35/day payable cash the day of the course )
- Covert vs Concealed
- Concealment options and quick access
- Awkward Shooting positions (seated, vehicles, ground)
- Multiple targets
- Barricades, Strong and Support side shooting
- Turning and shooting
- Advanced Timed Drills & Standards
- Malfunction Drills
- Target acquisition & discrimination
- Non standard response
- One-handed shooting (Strong and Support side)
- Speed reloads/magazine changes
- Advanced & Dynamic moving techniques to include walking and running
- Scenario drills and Dynamic Shooting
- Flashlight techniques
Equipment Needed (minimum)
Serviceable semi-automatic pistol of 9mm or larger caliber
Hand held compact high output flashlight
1500 round of ammunition (minimum). No Steel Core
Strong-side or appendix Concealment holster & Magazine pouch
3-5 magazines of 10 round capacity (minimum).
Clear eye protection, hearing protection (electronic recommended), and baseball cap.
- Food, water, snacks and appropriate clothing.
Optional: Smart phone or Smart Pad/Tablet capable of recording video.
- Lunch is NOT included. Please bring your own.
- It's highly recommended to bring a chair.
- This is an outdoor range, so the only restrooms are Port-A-Johns.