Defensive Carbine Class I (8 HRS)
This class is an extended version of our 4-hour clinic, but is a full 8-hours of training that includes additional drills, 50-yard qualification course of fire, field firing to 100 yards, and live fire malfunction clearance. This class covers the basic defensive use of the carbine (AR platform 5.56/.223). It will begin with the fundamentals of marksmanship and move into more advanced drills. Students will improve their carbine handling skills with a strong emphasis on the fundamentals.
Classes are held alternately at the 4H Range in Culpepper, VA and in New Kensington, PA. Please double-check your registration to determine which location you will be attending.
Location 1: 4H Range
Off Rt 15 across from General Winder Rd. Exact location provided after registration.
Location 2: Hosted by Trigger Pressors Union at Logan's Ferry Sportmens Club
210 Field Club Rd
New Kensington, PA 15608
Your carbine must be zeroed prior to this clinic.
If you need assistance zeroing your carbine for this class, please contact us. We can also make arrangements to help you zero your carbine prior to the start of the class.
- Equipment setup
- Zeroing & mechanical off-set
- Professional carbine handling
- Shooting and ready positions
- Tactical & emergency reloads
- Mechanics of the shooter
- Personal performance and fundamentals review
- Rifle and 3 magazines
- Be able to retain 2 magazines on your body
- 400 rounds of 5.56/223 ammo (minimum). No steel core, no armor piercing, no tracer.
- Knee pads (optional, but recommended)
- Water for hydration
- Eye protection, hearing protection (electronic recommended) and baseball cap
Lunch is included at the 4H Range ONLY.
Both locations are outdoor ranges, so the only restrooms are Port-A-Johns.