Defensive Carbine Class I (8 HRS)
This class is an extended version of our 4-hour clinic, but is a full 8-hours of training that includes additional drills, 50-yard qualification course of fire, field firing to 100 yards, and live fire malfunction clearance. This class covers the basic defensive use of the carbine (AR platform 5.56/.223). It will begin with the fundamentals of marksmanship and move into more advanced drills. Students will improve their carbine handling skills with a strong emphasis on the fundamentals.
Off Rt 15 across from General Winder Rd. Exact location provided after registration.
Your carbine must be zeroed prior to this clinic.
If you need assistance zeroing your carbine for this class, please contact us. We can also make arrangements to help you zero your carbine prior to the start of the class.
- Equipment setup
- Zeroing & mechanical off-set
- Professional carbine handling
- Shooting and ready positions
- Tactical & emergency reloads
- Mechanics of the shooter
- Personal performance and fundamentals review
- Rifle and 3 magazines
- Be able to retain 2 magazines on your body
- 400 rounds of 5.56/223 ammo (minimum). No steel core, no armor piercing, no tracer.
- Knee pads (optional, but recommended)
- Water for hydration
- Eye protection, hearing protection (electronic recommended) and baseball cap
- Lunch is included.
- It's highly recommended to bring a chair.
- This is an outdoor range, so the only restrooms are Port-A-Johns