Defensive Carbine Class II (8 HRS)
Prerequisite: Defensive Carbine I or equivalent training
This class is a continuation of our defensive carbine series. It includes additional drills, 50-yard qualification course of fire, field firing to 100 yards, and live fire malfunction clearance drills. This class covers the basic defensive use of the carbine (AR platform 5.56/.223). We will begin with a review of the topics and fundamentals of marksmanship from Defensive Carbine I and move into more advanced drills. Students will continue to improve their carbine handling skills while reinforcing the fundamentals of marksmanship. Timed drills will help the student learn the balance between speed and accuracy.
Off Rt 15 across from General Winder Rd. Exact location provided after registration.
Your carbine must be zeroed prior to this clinic.
If you need assistance zeroing your carbine for this class, please contact us. We can also make arrangements to help you zero your carbine prior to the start of the class.
- Shooting positions
- Multiple targets
- Non standard response
- Turning and shooting
- Timed drills & standards
- Malfunction drills
- Target acquisition & discrimination
- Strong and support side shooting
- Speed reloads/magazine changes
- Rifle and 3 magazines
- Be able to retain 2 magazines on your body
- 450 rounds of 5.56/223 ammo (minimum). No steel core, no armor piercing, no tracer.
- Knee pads (optional, but recommended)
- Water for hydration
- Eye protection, hearing protection (electronic recommended) and baseball cap
- Lunch is included.
- It's highly recommended to bring a chair.
- This is an outdoor range, so the only restrooms are Port-A-Johns.