NRA Basics of Personal Protection Outside The Home Course (2 DAYS)
Students will learn the skills and attitude essential for avoiding dangerous confrontations and for the safe, effective and responsible use of a concealed pistol for self-defense outside the home. The course offers the essential knowledge and skills that must be mastered in order to carry, store, and use a firearm safely and effectively for personal protection outside the home. Students spend several hours on the range and shoot level one drills moving up to the next level and learning advanced shooting skills. Students will receive the NRA Guide to the Basics of Personal Protection Outside The Home handbook, and course completion certificate. This course is required to attend the NRA PPOTH instructor course and obtain instructor status.
Holiday Inn Express
787 Madison Rd
Culpeper, VA 22701
Stone Quarry Range
Link-up Point for DAY 2
E.V. Baker's Store
4066 Zachary Taylor Highway
Culpeper, VA 22701
Link-up occurs and convoy departs 20 minutes prior to class start.
Saturday March 17 and Sunday March 18, 2018
From 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM (each day)
$250 (Includes all student materials)
- Awkward shooting positions
- Introduction to Concealed Carry Safety & Defensive Mindset
- Introduction to Self Defense and Concealed Carry
- Legal Aspects of Concealed Carry & Self Defense*
- Carry Modes and Concealment
- Presenting the Handgun from Concealment
- Presentation, Position, and Movement**
- Special Shooting Techniques**
- Sport Shooting Activities and Training Opportunities
- Course Review and Examination
- Serviceable semi-automatic pistol/revolver (9mm, 38 special or larger caliber) and at least three magazines (or speed-loaders).
- Quality belt with strong side holster and at least 1 magazine pouch
- Concealment Garment
- Serpa holsters or similar holsters that use the trigger finger to deactivate a retention device are NOT allowed
- Be able to retain 2 magazines on your body
- 350 rounds of dependable ammunition (minimum). No steel core, no armor piercing, no tracer.
- Knee pads (optional, but recommended – range surface is rocky gravel)
- Water for hydration
- Eye protection, hearing protection (electronic recommended) and baseball cap.
- Lunch not included. Please bring your own.
- It's highly recommended to bring a chair.
- This is an outdoor range, so the only restrooms are Port-A-Johns.
Discounts are not available for NRA Courses